As we probably mentioned in an earlier blog, we installed some new windows and window frames in our house a few weeks ago. The changed windows are different from the old ones, so Ben had to modify the shutters for those windows and one sliding glass door. More hard work on hot days.
[He thinks I had time to take pictures of us hauling these shutters back and forth to make sure they fit proper. Hah! Instead, here's a picture of Eleanor helping him to fill in the bolt holes. She handed him the bolts and washers for each hole...very helpful! ]
We did have what we thought was a slow leak in one trailer tire, so we filled the tire with air before we left home, and by the time we arrived in La Paz (a 1 ½ hour trip), we had lost about ½ the air pressure. Ben knew that would never do on our trip, so we stopped at a tire shop and had them check the tire for the leak. We discovered a nail in the tire, which was fixed in about 20 minutes for about $6.00 US Dollars, and we were on our way with no detectable leak the rest of our trip.