Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pic-of-the-Week for January 28, 2014

Hola Amigos!

I was told from Chicago this morning to "Stop the presses!"  Rebecca was on her way to the hospital at 7AM Chicago time, where it was -14F!!!  (That's right ... MINUS 14 degrees.)  Good grief.  I'm not sending this out until we hear the news of an arrival.  We might even get some photos later today, and as soon as I do, I'll post them on my Facebook page and my Picasa January 2014 album. 

OK .... at 10am  I got an email with the subject:  We have red hair, and the message "8lb 4oz".  I'm sure more info will be coming, but this is it for today!!!  Hooray! 


That is pretty exciting news, and everything else pales in comparison!  Ben is on one of his marathon shopping trips to La Paz today, so he'll be gone most of the day.  I'll be here holding the fort, and waiting for pictures of baby Eleanor!  I will probably do some gardening, including some bean stringing.  I'm hoping for a good crop of my Blue Lake Green Beans by March.  We just finished up the last of the jars of beans that I canned last year.  I noticed when I walked by yesterday that there are a lot of little bitty weeds in this bed, so I guess I should weed it before I string it.


Yesterday was our 46th wedding anniversary, and we celebrated at a local "fancy" restaurant.  It does have a beautiful view (we could see our house across the bay), but the food and ambiance (noisy kitchen!) was a bit of a disappointment.  Next time, we'll just hire Fransisco, our favorite chef from El Barrilito Restaurant, and have him cater our meal at home.  I'm sure it would be MUCH better.  

We have wild sunflowers in our yard, and probably always will, they seed themselves so easily.  This year we seem to have an abundance of butterflies at the flowers.  I took my newest camera out the other day when Ben pointed the butterflies out to me, and took a few shots.  They turned out very nice!



There are a few more butterflies in our January 2014 Picasa album.

We had a visit the other day from our favorite waitress, Claudia, and her new baby boy Andres.  He was very sleepy and cuddly, but I had to get a couple photos of him.  He's the one I made a quilt for that I finished last summer. 

There is a new construction project started down in Vista del Mar below us, so that will be the end of our "quiet" neighbhorhood.  There will be a concrete mixer going, and pounding and sawing (metal rebar!) and music to accompany the work.  Maybe we could hire the neighbor who lives right next door to this project to sit on her balcony and sing to them, rather than them turning on their radio full blast???  What do you think, Mary??  Maybe you and Stefi could serenade them?   Look at those stacks of rebar by the stone wall that they'll be cutting and bending!  Wow! 
 
I'm just hoping it doesn't go up too high to block our view! 

I have one more week here in Baja; I'll be leaving for Chicago next Tuesday.  Hopefully, the weather will be warmed up there a little bit by then.  (A cousin in Oregon is sending warm clothes to Chicago for me!!  Yay!)   I have to do some training so Ben knows how to send out the "Pic" from my PC.  I'll be leaving my computer for him, and just taking my Kindle Fire and camera.  And yes, I will take lots of baby photos for you!  (And me!)  Maybe Ben will even take a few photos here??? 

Hasta la proxima semana,
Los abuelos felices (the happy grandparents),
Harriet & Ben, Ryan, Sam & Zoey

   

1 comment: