Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Pic-of-the-Week for April 25, 2017

Hola Amigos,

I'm sitting here at my new sewing table in my bedroom working on my lap top because Dalia is cleaning house for me, and since the floors in here are done, she's working out in our family room/kitchen.  (I'm trying my hardest to stay out of her way!)  It's not too bad.... the door is wide open, nice breezes blowing in, birds singing, and look at this view!




Yes, I got started late today.  Ben came home from his quick trip to Oregon to buy another new toy.... a 1956 Jeep.  I guess I told you about it in the last POTW, but he brought home a cold with him, and generously gave it to me.  I was coughing and nose dripping by Saturday, so got to the doctor on Monday and have antibiotics and cough medicine and fever reducer.  I am feeling better, but not up to par quite yet.  Unfortunately, while we were sick we had company!  Ben's brother Greg and his wife Cherlenne and daughter Georgina were here, (flew in on the same flight as Ben) and we didn't get the chance to take them anywhere or do anything special, other than eat out a lot!  (We're really good at that!)



Georgina is almost 3; her birthday is this Friday.  She's a real sweety, but unfortunately, she caught a cough and cold, too.  Greg and Cherlenne were impressed that the doctor visit and medications all totaled only $300 pesos (less than $15US), since children visits at the clinic are free.  

Next time, we'll owe them some more fun!





















My quilt is coming along nicely.  I'm making  25 blocks  and I only have 5 more to go.  Just haven't felt much like sewing these last few days.  It looks like it's going to be another colorful quilt!  I do love bright colors!  



I've been trying to get some green beans to grow for when daughter Rebecca and her children are here at the end of May.  Something has been very hard on them, biting or knocking of the leaves.  I've got some growing, so I hope they continue and will produce something.  

Bad news for burros in the neighborhood.  The black mama and her yearling were hit by a semi-truck on Hwy 1 about a week ago and killed.  Her baby survived, and has been taken to a vet somewhere.  


That's it for this week.  I do have an April 2017 album if you want to look at a few more pics.  

Hasta la proxima vez,
Harriet, Ben, Sam & Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment