Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pic-of-the-Week for November 19, 2013

Hola Amigos,
The daughter, son-in-law and grandsons arrived yesterday, so this week's post will be short!  Things are very busy around here!  The dogs are tired out already!!!  Aaron helped was the dinner dishes (he loves water!)

David played with some letter cards that were originally his Mom's when she was a little girl!  He loves letters!  

Ben went to another car show in La Paz this weekend.  He had a bit of trouble with the engine running too rich, so Ryan ran up on Sunday with another set of spark plugs for him to use.  He did with another prize, this one "Honor to whom honor is due".  He says he doesn't know who won top prize!  He has trouble following the Spanish! 
These girls are the twin daughters of Hector Manuel Amarillas, the car show organizer.  They are both excellent water polo players at university in La Paz.  

In the meantime, I stayed home and dog sat and worked on the quilt.  It's coming along slowly, although I'm still in the "design and decide" phase.  I can't believe I'm still cutting out a few more of the flower petals here and there, but that happens in this phase!  I do seem to have enough scraps that I can come up with the colors I like.  Here it is laid out on my bed as I decide what design looks best. Maybe I'll even get some input from Rebecca, since I'm making it for her new baby girl!  :-)

Oh...it rained one day last week.  It was completely unexpected... and it poured for several hours. Now the weeds will pop up for sure!  And after the rain storm, Ryan discovered this guy (gal?) in our courtyard.  A nice little baby tarantula, probably 2" long.  He transported him in this old jug to a field far away!  (Don't need the grandsons playing with it!!)
 

We've got a parade coming up this week in Los Barriles for Revolution Day November 20, if Ben can get the cars running good!  

There are a few more photos in our 2013 November Picasa album.   Suzie Johnson, I'd like you to look at the photo of the plant you gave us years ago that is starting to bloom, and let us know the name of it, please!

Hasta la proxima semana,
Harriet and Ben and ALL the rest!  

No comments:

Post a Comment