Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pic-of-the-Week for December 17, 2013

Hola Amigos,

Only 8 shopping days until Christmas!  Where does the time go??  There are no presents under our little tree, because the dogs probably wouldn't leave them alone (especially any food items).  Besides that, none of us has bought any gifts.  Ben does well enough just buying items over the internet for his old cars!!  Each time he makes a purchase, I say "Merry Christmas"!  (It is exactly what he wanted, after all!  Can't go wrong on that gift giving!)  Ben has been attached to Model A's for a LONG time.  Here's a photo his brother Ken sent us recently with Ben as a little boy sitting on the fender of an old Model A that was on their farm.  The others in it are his sister Carol and Uncle Jess Bunnell, and brothers Dan and Ken on top.  He said, looking at it with his more experienced eyes, that it was really in pretty good shape, considering! 

He has been busy still working on the Woody, especially.  Checking the brakes (which are in bad shape!), re-adjusting this and that.  It looks good on the outside, but needs some work on the "workings".  He hopes to take it to a National Model A meet in Puyallup this summer, so that means fixing up the car trailer as well.  Lots of details to work out!   

I helped my friend Janet at a local style show the other day.  Here are her models; many of whom are my friends, too.  Janet's shop is very popular here in town.  It's nice to find clothing appropriate for the climate and the life style here locally.  I didn't model; I was a "back room" assistant, getting the clothing that was modeled back out on the racks.  (Janet is the blonde (Hah! That eliminates one person!) in the grey dress on the right).  


Work on our palapas upstairs is continuing, and they will probably finish tomorrow.   Miguel and his crew do really nice work, and he's asked me to ask all my friends if they need any palapa work done on their houses.  So....anyone need a palapa roof done at their house?  Ryan's only complaint is that they show up VERY early in the morning (one time before 6AM) to start work!  Some other friends who had them do a job for them told him "no work before 8AM"!  I guess it worked, although Miguel was chomping at the bit outside their gate!! 
 


 I have been working on the quilt for our new granddaughter, although I don't have much to show for it!  It took me several days to figure out how to do the borders.  I even took photos of possibilities and posted them on Facebook for my quilting friends out there for suggestions and/or comments.  Some are real pros, so I really valued their input.  I think I've finally got it figured out, and am in the process now of putting it all together.  My normal Oregon "quilter" is not doing any work until April (they now have a house down here, but no quilting machines), so I'll be taking the top with me to Chicago in February, as Rebecca says it can be done there.  I'll post a photo of the finished product...when it's finished! 

We're looking forward to my cousins arriving this Friday.  We hope to show them some of our favorite things and places and food while they're here, and also, give them some time to just relax!  

Here's another "blast from the past"... Ben and I cross country skiing at Clear Lake, Oregon, in the 1970's.  See... we can get in the cold winter spirit, too.  At least we used to!  



Right now, we're enjoying bright sunshine.  The temp is rather low this morning at 61 right now, and a low of 56.  I imagine it will get into the 70's today.  

I haven't posted any new photos to my December 2013 album.  Not much picture taking happened this week.  (That's why I fluffed this up with old ones!!)  

Hasta la proxima semana,
Tus amigos de Baja,
Harriet, Ben, Ryan, Sam & Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment