Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pic-of-the-Week for December 3, 2013

Hola Amigos,

Yes, I know this is late today!  Today was Rebecca and Tim's last day here.  We ran them and the boys to the airport late this morning and saw them off with their two big suitcases, 2 backpacks, a duffle bag, a stroller, two carseats....and oh yeah!  Two little boys!  I think they're going home well rested.  Hope so, because Rebecca and Tim will be leaving Chicago for an 11 day conference in the UK on Friday!  The kids get to stay with Tim's grandparents.  (I'm wishing them lots of energy and patience for the time!!!)  When you're not used to it, little ones (even your very own, precious, smarter than any other kids and so good looking grandkids) will certainly try your patience!  I guess that's why we have our children when we're fairly young and resilient (and don't need so many naps as I do now!)  Anyhow we had fun with them, and I will see them all again when I go to Chicago to help Rebecca when the baby grand-daughter is born, and for some knee surgery Rebecca has scheduled on Valentine's Day. 

We had a very nice Thanksgiving, although I was sick in bed with a stomach upset the day before.  Ben ended up with the same crud Saturday afternoon, and he's finally feeling better today.  Rebecca helped a lot with the cooking on Thanksgiving, (for which I'm very thankful!) and Ben smoked a turkey that turned out delicious! 



Aaron loves mechanical things, and he eventually spotted his Grandpa's coffee grinder, and ground to his heart's content!  (there were only a few beans in it)

 Aaron thought his Unca Ryan was pretty cool.  He went looking for him in the driveway this morning (where he had been told NOT to go!)  He was very happy when Ryan showed up and rescued him!  

The boys also spent a lot of time blowing bubbles.  It's a real treat for them to be outside and barefoot this time of the year (I rarely saw them in shoes, unless we were going somewhere). 



They also spent some "down" time looking at videos on David's tablet.  They got along pretty well together!



I got the boys to help me measure the plant that hasn't bloomed YET!  It is now way taller than either I or the boys could reach!  Can't wait for it to start blooming.

I've started a new album for December 2013.  Not much in it yet, but it's early!  (I stole some from Thanksgiving and added them in December).  I might even do captions some day.  

Hasta la proxima semana,
Tus amigos de Baja
Harriet, Ben, Ryan, Sam & Zoey


No comments:

Post a Comment