Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pic-of-the-Week for December 23, 2014

Feliz Navidad, Amigos!

It's a bright sunny day here in beautiful Baja, and I drug the crew up on the roof for our annual Christmas photo.  Ben even got in the spirit by wearing a Santa hat (he said it was a bad hair day!  Looks like I should have worn one, too!)  

You'll notice the sandals and bare feet.  It's tough living here, but we do our best!  We are all wearing shirts with sleeves these days, since the morning temp was 67.5 at the time! 

It's been another quiet week, for me at least, since I've been a bit under the weather since last Wednesday.  I had an upset stomach and a low fever, and just didn't feel like eating anything.  I did manage to get down some toast and applesauce, most days, and am feeling quite a bit better now.  The up side to this episode is that I lost some weight, so that was a nice side benefit.  We've had company over for dinner several times (Ben did the majority of the cooking), and I fixed some desserts for a pig roast that Ben & Ryan attended on Saturday as well.

In spite of my stomach issues, I made it to choir practices and a performance by our choral group (OK Chorale) at the Saturday Market this week.  I'm the pianist for the group, and played my "new" used keyboard.  The performance turned out fine; we had a lot of fun, and the folks attending appreciated our efforts.  We sang some old traditional Christmas songs like Silver Bells, White Christmas, Chestnuts Roasting, and even Feliz Navidad! 
 

We're expecting 9 guests for Christmas dinner on Thursday.  Ben is planning to smoke another turkey.  Yum!   

Christmas Eve is our church's annual Christmas Eve Candlelight service and I'll be playing the piano for that, too.  It is a beautiful service, and this is when we get to sing the Christmas Carols that have such a wonderful message!  Jesus Christ the Messiah was born to set us free from sin and death!  Hallelujah!!  Wish you could join us.  



We're missing our daughter and her family, but we get to Skype with them often so we can see each other.  The other day when I called, Eleanor heard the ringing and said "Grandma!"  Pretty good for a 10 month old!  Rebecca does send photos regularly, too, so we get to participate from afar in their special moments. They are back in the Middle East, so it takes some coordinating to get our awake times synchronized. 

I have posted more photos in our December 2014 album of events I haven't mentioned here.  




To all our friends far and near
God's Blessings this Christmas
and a Happy New Year!

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

 Isaiah 9:6

Feliz Navidad!
Tus Amigos de Baja,
Harriet, Ben, Ryan, Sam & Zoey

No comments:

Post a Comment