Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pic-of-the-Week for May 6, 2014

Hola Amigos,

Another life changing event this last week!  I am now eligible for Medicare!  Of course, I had to have a party to celebrate that milestone, so we invited over some friends, Ben cooked, guests brought pot luck dishes, Ryan and other guests cleaned up, and I had a grand time.  I did make my own Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting... I'd had a craving for that for a long time.  And this week, there was no powdered sugar in the local grocery, so I made my own! (Blend regular sugar and a bit of cornstarch until it is powdered.  Seems to work quite well!)  Ryan was going to make a Key Lime pie for me, but there were no graham crackers or graham cracker pie crusts in the store this week, either!  

 This is the "serving of the cake", and yes, the candles are bent.  (Not sure where they found them!)  They were set in the little plastic train candle holders that I'd used for Ryan's 1st birthday, almost 35 years ago! It was very festive!
 
And here's another portrait of us just to prove that us old people can still smile at birthdays, and look good doing it!

I saw this cartoon the other day, and thought that it applied to me!  Maybe it applies to you, too!

We took a trip to Cabo San Lucas yesterday to pick up Ben's brother John for his vacation in paradise.  We decided to go on to Costco and pick up a few things before his flight arrived (and guess what, they didn't have a bunch of the stuff on my list...bacon, cheddar cheese...)  It's always an adventure shopping in Mexico!  We volunteered to take some "tourists" on to Cabo Wabo; our friend Pat's niece and her husband are visiting from Oregon, and they had never been to Cabo San Lucas.  They are big fans of Sammy Hagar, who built and developed Cabo Wabo.  Sammy, for those of you who don't know, is a rock singer who managed to make quite a few millions of dollars on this investment.  Anyhow, it's a fun place to visit, and they treated us to lunch for taking them there!


 This is a photo that the "professional" photographer took of us, and then brought around to the table just before we left.  Cheryl couldn't resist (it is a nice photo of them!) and the frame is pretty cool, too.  I just think it's too bad Ben and I are in the picture with them!  Oh well....  Don't you think this one with just Cheryl and Tim is better?

 On the way back to the airport, we stopped at the view point where we can always see surfers, and enjoy the ocean view.  I noticed a nice motorcycle parked there, and then I noticed a gal with ear plugs in rocking to whatever music she was listening to.  She rocked on over to her motorcycle, and since she was in her own little world, I took a few photos...  just too bad you can't see her moves as she jives to her music! 


Ryan's birthday is coming up next week (Mexican Mother's Day!)  and he has been invited to meet with his buddy Mike in Los Angeles and attend a concert there.  He'll be flying up using a Mexican airline (cheap!) from La Paz to Tijuana this Thursday, then take the train from San Diego to LA.  Sounds like quite an adventure.  We'll stay here and hold the fort and entertain John.  

A few more photos have been posted in our May 2014 Picasa album.  No pictures of John, yet...he just got here!  

Hasta la proxima semana, (John's ready for a walk....gotta go!)
Tus amigos de Baja,
Harriet, Ben, Ryan, Sam & Zoey



 

No comments:

Post a Comment