Monday, February 17, 2014

Pic-of-the-Week for February 18, 2014

Hola Amigos,

I am sitting here in Rebecca's living room, typing one-handed because I am snuggling a sweet little baby girl.  We are also watching the snow come down on Monday afternoon.  We should get 3 to 6 inches today (Monday).  Tomorrow will be the first day above freezing since I've been here.  And on Wednesday, I head back to 80+ degree Baja.  I will probably faint from the heat!!  I will miss this little sweetheart and her brothers, though.



Rebecca had knee surgery last Friday for a torn meniscus, so she is appreciating having me here to fetch things for her, including a baby, once in a while!!  She is doing OK, but still hasn't been able to manage stairs yet.  Soon, we hope!  In the meantime, she is camping out in the living room, since the bedrooms are upstairs!  Tim  finished up a major paper for his Master's degree on Friday, and he is a great help with the boys and in the kitchen.  AND.... he changes dirty diapers!!  He bundled them up and took them out to play in the snow, and that is a major process...but the boys had fun sledding on the hill in their front yard.
I


While they were outside, Rebecca and Eleanor rested on the sofa,and this is also becoming Eleanor's favorite place to nap, too, as you can see!

I am enjoying time with David and Aaron, too.  They are very busy guys... I am amazed at David's reading skills for a boy who just turned 4, he can read just about anything.  Aaron loves to have books read to him, especially "The Little Engine That Could".  I bought the book for them since it was his Mommy's favorite book when she was his age.  I think Aaron's goal is to have it read to him as many times as his Mom had it read to her!  He almost has every word memorized, and if you stop reading, he will happily fill in the blanks!  We have made cookies and done some other fun things


In Baja, Ben has been trying to arrange a whale watching trip, but it hasn't' t happened yet, due to wind and/or busy schedules.  Ben's brother Greg and his wife Cherlenne will be coming the same day I get back from Chicago.  It will be good to share some warm weather with them!  Cherlenne is missing the tropical fruit she used to eat in the Philippines.  We hope to supply her with enough to keep her happy for a while!  Ben did take a couple pics this week... one of our orchids is blooming again!  I guess my fertilizer regimen paid off!


It looks like Ben has visits Costco, too, because I saw some other blooms, and although ours were sending out bloom stalks, nothing would be ready in just two weeks.  I'm happy!

There are some more photos in our February 2014 Picasa album.

Next week, I promise more "warm" pics, although I've had some pretty warm hugs while I've been here!  :-)

Your amigos in Chicago and Buena Vista...
Harriet, Ben, Ryan, Sam and Zoey (whose 3rd birthday was the 17th)

No comments:

Post a Comment